Five University of Arkansas student-athletes representing four different sports will serve as Slim Chickens spokespersons in Northwest Arkansas. The restaurant chain created their new Student Athlete Council to create NIL benefits for the participating athletes, and to provide service for communities in the Fayetteville area.
The participating Razorback athletes include:
- Bumper Pool: a football linebacker and graduate student from Lucas, Texas.
- MaKayla Daniels: a junior guard on the women’s basketball team from Frederick, Maryland. She is majoring in recreation and sports management.
- Jensen Scalzo: a sophomore gymnast from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She is majoring in Communications.
- Ayden Owens-Delerme: a multi-event track & field athlete from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He’s a graduate student in the MBA program with an emphasis on entrepreneurship.
- Britton Wilson: a junior sprinter/hurdler on the track & field team from Henrico, VA. She is majoring in psychology.
The new student ambassadors will act as Slim Chickens spokespersons in the community through campus events, community projects, and charitable events at the restaurants.
Bumper Pool is the new Student Athlete Council Chairman. In a released statement from Slim Chickens, he says “The answer was a no-brainer for me when the council was presented. I am excited to be a part of a renowned Arkansas brand. This is a new and different way to be involved in the Fayetteville community, and I can’t wait to make Slimthusiasts out of more students at Arkansas.”
Slim Chickens opened in 2003 in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The chain now has more than 165 locations in the United States, and some international locations in the UK. The brand places a focus on “fresh, delicious food with a southern flair in a fast-casual setting.” The restaurants serve all-natural chicken that is buttermilk-marinated, hand-breaded, and always cooked fresh-to-order. Guests can also choose from 17 different housemade sauces.