Outback Steakhouse Creates NIL Deals for Football Players at 3 Different Universities
Outback Steakhouse signed seven student-athletes from Michigan, Ohio State, and Florida to participate in its new TeamMATES program. In a released statement, the company says that the new initiative “Celebrates all the good that comes with being a teammate in sports and in the community and allows each TeamMATE to showcase the attributes needed to be a great part of a team – dependability, trust, commitment, and a good attitude.”
The men who joined the program:
- AJ Henning | University of Michigan | Wide Receiver
- Blake Corum | University of Michigan | Running Back
- CJ Stroud | The Ohio State University | Quarterback
- Chris Olave | The Ohio State University | Wide Receiver
- Garrett Wilson | The Ohio State University | Wide Receiver
- Emory Jones | University of Florida | Quarterback
- Anthony Richardson | University of Florida | Quarterback
The company describes the athletes’ activities in the program: “The roster of athletes will give back to their communities by raising money locally and nationwide. Starting Saturday October 23, Outback Steakhouse will make donations of meals to military families in need through Operation Homefront. The players will also dine with teammates and host local give back nights at select Outback Steakhouse locations to raise money for their favorite charities.”
Additional details about compensation for the athletes was not released. The company is offering discounts to students in Gainesville, Ann Arbor, and Columbus for select locations from October 21 – October 24.
News release from Bloomin’ Brands, Inc.