Candy maker Reese’s promotes its football-shaped chocolate and peanut butter bar by creating NIL partnerships with 12 college student-athletes names “Reese.”
Reese’s is building a fun narrative around a fictional Reese’s University. The company says that the football coaches at the university have recruited and signed 12 college football athletes with the last name “Reese.” The athletes will represent the “Fighting Cuppies” and receive Reese’s footballs and cups, and the following gear:
- Reese’s Reese Chain: An ambassadors-only gold chain and pendant
- Custom Game Day Blazer: A custom-tailored blaze orange Team Reese travel blazer
- Cup-links: A pair of custom cufflinks in the legendary cup shape
- Football Locker Fridge: A mini fridge custom-made to fit into a locker to keep Reese’s Footballs at the perfect temperature (and the fridge will be filled with Reese’s Footballs)
Supporters can buy their own Reese’s Footballs. The football-shaped cups are offered for a limited-time. They are now available nationwide.
The Team Reese line-up includes:
- Andrew Reese, Defensive Back, Delaware State University
- Brody Reese, Defensive Lineman, University of Tulsa
- Cameron Reese, Defensive End, Troy University
- Courtney Reese, Running Back, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- David Reese, Linebacker, University of Florida
- James Reese IV, Defensive Back, Tennessee State University
- John Reese Bellew, Safety, Auburn University
- Max Reese, Tight End, Eastern Michigan University
- Michael Reese, Defensive End, Duke University
- Otis Reese, Safety, University of Mississippi
- Quinton Reese, Safety, Liberty University
- Richard Reese, Running Back, Baylor University
Team Reese will champion Reese’s Footballs all season long by sharing their feelings about their new team via the Reese’s University Instagram and players’ social media accounts.
In a released statement, Reese’s offers this fun–and fake–description for their “university”: Reese’s University is a research-focused university based in Round Ridge, Pa. It offers a cutting-edge curriculum in the arts and sciences and robust extracurriculars that suit the needs of every student. With a 99.99% acceptance rate, and a perfect graduation rate, Reese’s U consistently ranks as the most delicious university a student can attend.
Founded in 1923, Reese’s U is home to accomplished faculty and staff, all dedicated to creating an environment that supports students’ impeccable taste and ambitious appetites. They believe there is no limit to what a student can achieve at Reese’s U. The collegiate institution’s creed, “Peanutum en Chocolux,” puts it best: chocolate and peanut butter, a perfect combination.
The company has gone so far as to create a college website for Reese’s U at www.ReesesUniversity.com.
REESE’S peanut butter cups were created by Harry Burnett (H.B.) Reese in 1928. Reese was a former employee of the Hershey Chocolate Company when he invented REESE’S peanut butter chocolate candy. The H.B. Reese Candy Company merged with the Hershey Chocolate Corporation in 1963.